Monday, April 25, 2016

U is for University (UNM) @AprilA2Z #AtoZChallenge

The main campus for the University of New Mexico, a large public university, is located right in Albuquerque. If you can't make it to the main campus, there are four satellite campuses around New Mexico.

It was founded in 1889, and is very close to Nob Hill and central Albuquerque. It offers more than 200 undergraduate degree programs, and offers a variety of associate and certificate programs as well as graduate and professional programs.

UNM is well-known for its research programs, and has a hospital associated with campus as well.

The UNM mascot is the Lobo (wolf), and their athletic teams play NCAA Division I in the Mountain West Conference.

We haven't seen any games yet, but it's definitely on our list! Hubs and I love college sports.

xoxo Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Seems like a big university with lots to offer students!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I think it's the largest one in the state, and it has some satellite campuses, too.

      Delete
  2. I'll be coming to Albuquerque in September for the Women's Fiction Writers Association conference. I look forward to exploring this historic town.
    @RhondaGilmour from
    Late Blooming Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure to take some time to enjoy what the city has to offer! And enjoy the conference! :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I believe it's the largest university in the state! :-)

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of degrees to choose from! I wonder if it motivates people to double major.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of overlap, so I'll bet a lot of people do!

      Delete
  5. Visiting your blog for the first time on the letter U day. Haven’t time in these closing days of the #Challenge to go back and read all your posts, but I will be back. While you have been busy, I have been writing about hotels and inns, their architecture and architects, the settings and significance to a community. If you have time or interest, I hope you will come visit. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll definitely be by to visit.

      Delete