Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Interview Time with Rebekah Weatherspoon!

I was lucky enough to catch my friend and fellow author, Rebekah Weatherspoon, a few weeks ago when she'd been teasing the amazingly hot cover for her new novel, Fit, on Facebook.  It's even posted below, so you'll get to drool, just like I did.  The book is finally out (yay!) and I couldn't wait to get an interview with her so you all can see how awesome she is.

I've been a fan of Rebekah's writing for a loooong time; she writes sexy stories in a few genres, but always with diverse characters--different shapes and sizes, colors, backgrounds, and sexual orientations are represented.

Take it away!

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Oh, please don't make me! Ask any author their least favorite part of the writing process. Synopsis, Blurbs, Author Bios, in that order. :)

Ha, good point. I can sympathize. What are your favorite and least favorite parts about being a writer? 

My least favorite part: see above ;). My favorite part is putting all the wild things that roll around in my imagination down on paper. I'm never short on ideas and I love that I get to share those ideas with readers.

What's one piece of advice you'd give to other writers?

Read and write, over and over and over again. Read everything, it'll help your writing and then you actually have to write. I know a lot of aspiring writers talking about writing and wanting to write, but a book is made of actual words put down on paper. You have to write.

Good point. I think a lot of people forget that--even seasoned authors, sometimes.  When you write, do you prefer silence or to have music on? Any particular kind?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. I've written on my phone while standing in line at the bank. I can zone out pretty easily so even if I put on some easy listening, I'm not really listening to it.

In line at the bank? That's some extreme writing! I'd love to know if someone was reading over your shoulder, haha.  And how'd you get the idea for FIT?

I saw a call for submissions to a particular publisher. I initially wrote FIT for the call, but when it was rejected I rewrote a big chunk of it and decided to self-publish it. While I was working on those revisions, I came up with two more stories for Grant's friends and decided to extend it into a trilogy.

Sooo...how's book #2 coming along, then?

It's coming ;)

What are you working on now?

Right now I'm working on revisions for a lesbian novella that will be out in October and revisions for Tamed (#2 in the Fit Trilogy), which will be out in September.

You're busy! What were your favorite and most troublesome scenes to write in FIT?

I can't really talk about my favorite scene because it's sort of toward the end and it's kind of a big Grant spoiler. I didn't really have any trouble with any particular scene. Fit was pretty smooth sailing for me even with the revisions.

Where can we find you on the interwebs?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/rebekahwsm


Where can we find your books?

My Website: http://www.rebekahweatherspoon.com/books/


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Okay, lovely readers...have you read any of Rebekah's books?  What did you think?

xoxo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment