Friday, April 20, 2012

"R" is for Recipe

Doing something a little different today, because I want to shake things up a bit!

I love my crock pot/slow cooker, and I love new recipes for it.  I thought we could do a little trade... I'll share one of my favorites, and you post a comment with one of your favorite slow cooker recipes (or a link to it).  That would make me a very happy gal!

I figured this one out by tweaking a recipe a friend gave me. I added the mushrooms and onion, and loved it.  This recipe would work best with a 4 1/2-6 quart crock pot.

Creamy Mushroom Pork Roast

1 pork loin roast (between 2-5 pounds), trimmed of fat and cut into 3-4 big pieces to fit in cooker
2 cans cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 ounces each) OR 1 family-size can
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounces each) OR 1 family-size can
2 (8 ounces each) packages fresh mushrooms (white button, baby bella, etc), sliced
1 medium onion, diced
garlic powder
black pepper

If you use one, line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner.  In a large bowl, mix the soups, sliced mushrooms, onion, and some garlic powder and black pepper to taste.  Stir well.  Pour half of soup mixture into the slow cooker, then add pork.  Pour the rest of the soup mixture over the pork, making sure it's all coated.  Put the lid on, and cook on LOW for 8 hours or so.  The pork will come out very tender, and the sauce makes a great gravy for topping the pork and mashed potatoes.

Don't be shy...share your favorite!

xoxo Sarah

2 comments:

  1. OooOoOoo, everything you cook so YUM, Sarah! Great entry. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Give this one a try! It's a great dinner to come home to after a long day. :-)

      Delete